We hope youre all well and enjoying the summer! Its been a while since weve blogged, but that certainly doesnt mean we havent been busy - quite the reverse! Its been an amazing year so far, playing at some brilliant weddings and events up and down the country. When you perform at so many brilliant weddings, theres little things you start to pick up on... so we thought wed share them with you! Here are five things that your wedding band notices when they play your wedding:
1) The venue is always beautiful. Whether its a tent in the garden, a million pound mansion, or a quaint tythe barn, its a place where a thousand happy memories have been, or will be, made. The lighting and the atmosphere is gorgeous in every single one.
2) The Bride and Groom are seemingly more concerned about their guests than themselves, which is super sweet. Sometimes, theyll spend more time with great auntie Ethel than they do with the great love of their life, but this all changes for the first dance. Its like a little bubble forms around them, and its easily one of the most romantic moments we witness (even if its compiled of the most awkward, ungainly movements ever to be seen). We promise that if you ask us to perform your special song choice, we put hours in to making it as perfect as possible for you. It is the best feeling to share that moment with the couple and watch them totally emerged in their attachment to the song and each other. We also love hearing the backstory about the piece of music that defines their relationship! Weve had some crazy personal anecdotes!
Check out this amazing photo of Katie and Tom Bowrys first dance, snapped by the amazing Woodstock Photography:
3) There are beautiful details that you may not always notice. Some of these things include stunning floral arrangements that can occasionally be overlooked, complimentary toiletries - or beauty boxes - in the bathrooms, and sweet gifts or personalised name tags on the tables. These are always so thoughtful and really make the day extra-special.
4) The food is always incredible! We are forever in awe of the catering at weddings. The wedding breakfast meal is sometimes a whole work of art in itself, and we always feel so honoured to be fed this way. We have eaten some beautiful, intricate dishes at weddings, and also some huge, indulgent, messy, street-style creations, and it never disappoints. Occasionally, we are performing whilst food is served and we miss it, which is truly tragic, because party food is obviously the best. 9 times out of 10 we dont catch the cake (cheese OR sponge), and a part of us will always wonder what flavour the couple chose. We will never know.
5) No reception ever runs on time. Guests will always want one more song. There is often a small alcohol-fuelled scuffle. Somebodys jacket always gets left on a chair. The night is never long enough. We always are the last to leave. We love meeting every single one of you!
All our love, Chartz x